Tomball Jr. High Cross Country
- We want our athletes to be successful both academically and athletically.
- No Pass, No Play!
- Bring a positive attitude to practice everyday.
- At meets, represent TJHS with pride.
- Athletes need to be present at school on meet days in order to participate (extenuating circumstances apply).
- Athletes must attend practice the day before a meet in order to be eligible to participate (extenuating circumstances apply).
- Practice is at 6:15am Tuesday through Thursday (first practice is Tuesday, Sept. 15).
- Athletes will arrive to practice in their school-assigned practice uniform and in their running shoes. Athletes will not be able to dress out at school before practice.
- Depending on the workout, lateness may result in the athlete missing practice.
- Athletes are expected to support their teammates and should not leave early from a meet (extenuating circumstances apply).
- Cross Country is a running sport. Athletes must be able to run 2 miles in 20 minutes before being able to attend a meet.
- Lack of effort during practice can cause an athlete to not attend the next meet.
- Positive attitude and character---athletes will give 100%.
- Water bottle and sunscreen are needed. A water bottle should be brought to all practices and meets.
- Girl’s hair is up at all time during practice.
- All athletes are provided a lock and locker; coaches are NOT responsible for items that are lost or stolen. Athletes are to lock all personal belongings on a daily basis.
- Athletes are issued 1 uniform and are responsible for its care and upkeep. It must be returned at the end of the season.
- Athletes are to purchase athletic practice uniform on line.
- All athletes must wear proper running shoes. Shoes are a runner’s most important piece of equipment.
Drop off / Pick up
- Drop off for practice at the bus ramp and enter through the cafeteria. We will meet in the small gym for roll.
- Pick up after meets is at the bus ramp.
- On meet days, athletes should bring a snack to eat after school before the meet. Meals cannot be dropped off this year.
- TISD provides transportation to and from all sports related competition We strongly encourage parents to be at the meets whenever possible and take their own child home afterwards. The athlete is first signed out by their coach. This policy could change, depending on district guidelines.
Any athlete not having a complete physical by the end of the 2nd week of school will not be able to continue with the team..
Feel free to email any additional questions: email@example.com
Sign up for Remind notifications (this is the best way for me to communicate with you)