7th Advanced Classes Book Study
Book Study Requirements
- Students in Pre-AP science will participate in a Fall and Spring book study. Students will choose a book to read from the PreAP Science Reading List.
- Students will submit a presentation of their choice based on the science topic/concept they have learned from the book. This is NOT intended to be a book report but rather a reflective presentation based on the student’s science connections and learning from the book.
- Presentation Media Options:
- Essay (typed)
- Digital (Google Slides and/or a Video)
- Other (must be approved by the teacher)
- Students will be required to participate in 3 small group book discussions.
- Session 1 - share your book topic and discuss the science connection made from your book with small group. Discussions will be guided by prompts and/or science connection picture.
- Session 2 - present a rough outline/draft of your presentation for peer review.
- Session 3 - present a draft form of your presentation for peer editing.
- Name of Book
- Science Topic
- How did you make a connection from the book to the science topic?
- At least 3 new things you learned about science through making the connections between your book and your science topic.
- At least 4 different examples from the book that made connections to your science topic.
- Explain the connections.
- 10/4 (Friday) - Last Day to Enter your book choice into the Google Form
- 10/21 (Week of) - 1st Book Study Group Meeting
- 11/11 (Week of) - 2nd Book Study Group Meeting
- 12/2 (Week of)- 3rd Book Study Group Meeting
- 12/13 (Friday)- Presentations Due and Presentation Gallery Walk