Library Policies & Hours of Service
Morning Library Time:
- The TJHS Library is open M-F at 7 AM. Students who wish to come to the library in the morning must sign-in on the AM/Lunch Library Google Sign-in form located in the Cafeteria.
- During morning library time, students may: read, check-out books, work on homework, use the computer/print, or explore the Makerspace activities.
During School Library Time:
- With a pass from class - students must sign in on the Library Google sign in form when arriving.
- With a class for lessons/checkouts.
- During school library time, students may: check-out books, work on collaborative projects, or use computers/print. No Makerspace activities are allowed at this time.
During Lunch Library Time:
- Students who wish to come to the library during lunches must first sign into the AM/Lunch Library Google Sign in located on the cafeteria stage.
- When arriving to the library, students must check in with Mrs. Canada.
- During lunch library time, students may: read, check-out books, work on homework, use the computer/print, or explore the Makerspace activities.
The TJHS Library closes at 2:45 p.m.
- Students may check-out up to 3 print books for 3 weeks.
- eBooks and digital audiobooks are available through Follett, MackinVIA, and Capstone. Students may have up to 6 digital books checked out.
- Students have the option to renew both print books and digital books.
- ELA classes have library lessons/checkouts every three weeks.
- Overdue notices are emailed to parents every Progress Report and Report Card time. Emailed overdue notices are also sent to teachers every week.
- Students are responsible for all books checked-out from the library.
Accidents do happen: books sometimes get lost, or severely damaged. Please remember that students and staff are responsible for books checked-out from the library. Lost books or severely damaged/soaked books must be paid in full so that the book may be purchased again for others to read.
If a book is lost or severely damaged, please:
- Send payment with your student to the library.
- Payments may be made in cash for lost or severely damaged books.