To My Students, YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!! I know that this is a strange time but I want you to know that I am here for you and want to support you in any way I can. You are not are not alone. We will get through this together and we will RISE above. I know “The struggle is real....” but you are some smart and tough kids.
To My Parents, first let me take a moment to thank you for your flexibility and support as we team up to continue the education of your student during this transition to distance learning. Know that I am here to support you as well. Though I understand this is not the ideal scenario for the end of our school year, the health and safety of our children and community is always our top priority.
We will move through the next few weeks of remote learning through GoogleClassroom. Please ensure students are able to log on to the appropriate class before Monday, March 23, 2020. If you have any concerns or are unable to access please let me know! In addition to GoogleClassroom, we will continue to supplement activities with various technology applications, all of which are free and accessible through websites or apps on smart devices. We will also integrate some hands-on activities that do not require technology.
I will continue to be able to be reached through email and REMIND throughout the day. I have designated office hours everyday from 11am-12:00pm that I dedicate to be available to answer any questions via email, or google meet in GoogleClassroom during this timeframe.
I am really looking forward to connecting back to all of you and finishing our year strong! Please continue to stay safe.
Tomball Junior High is #oneteamonegoal
How to Access the 7th Grade Google Classroom
Your 7th Grade student already has access to my Google Classroom and has used it frequently. In case your student needs a reminder on how to log into Google Classroom please see below.
- Sign into Google using your school account:
Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (student ID # is your lunch #)
Password: tisd+birthdate (birthdate is 8 digit format, ex. 07262009)
- Access Google Classroom by typing in classroom.google.com, or by clicking on the google classroom icon next to your browser search bar.
- Click the + sign in the top right corner of the Google Classroom home screen.
- Select “Join Class”.
- Type in the class code (case sensitive) post in the email I sent out:
Once you are have joined:
- Lessons, videos, and assignments can be located under the “stream” and/or "classwork" tab under topics.
- We highly encourage your child to ask questions as they may come about. I will be checking Google Classroom and my remind frequently to answer any questions.